Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I Guess This Is The Week When I Freak Out About Things (in a good way)

Annie's photo, used with her permission.


Annie Modesitt, one of my favorite people/knitters/teachers/designers, is starting her own yarn line! I could not be more excited. I love how she works with color and can't wait to see what she does for the rest of us to enjoy.

If you aren't familiar with her work, check out her Dreamcatcher CardiganImperial Cable & Plaid Poncho and the Asquint Skirt. (The skirt is crochet, but Annie makes crochet awesome.)

Einstein said "It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge." Annie has been that, for me. If you ever have a chance to take an in-person class with her, do it. If you can't, buy her books.

I cannot stress her influence on me as a knitter and person too strongly. She's right up there with Elizabeth Zimmermann in showing what is possible and that following the beat of your own drum is the only way to go.

No comments: