Sunday, May 07, 2006

Episode 5: Reaching for Clarity

I listened to last week's podcast and I thought it wasn't very clear. So, this week, I walk you through making a worksheet for your bust short-row shaping. I repeat myself a little bit. I also talk about design considerations, a fantastic book, Heirloom Knitting, by Sharon Miller, which is available at Schoolhouse Press. At the very end of the podcast, I share a knitterly review of a film where the knitwear was more interesting than the actual movie and a song by Enoch Kent that I have loved for years. "Edinburgh Maggie" is on the CD Songs of Love, Lust and Loathing. He has a new CD out just now and you can buy his CDs on his website.

If you hear about "wraps" and are perplexed because you don't know what that means, please listen to podcast #4.

You can find the raglan pattern I mentioned here.

Download Fifth Episode

2 comments:

Dharmafey said...

Just wanted to drop a line that I really enjoy your podcast, and am also not a natural math person. Only knitting makes it relevant. And I need to figure out multiplication. AND I grew up a mere 20 minutes from Amherst, MA. Thanks!!!

Jenny said...

Lara, I just found your podcast(heard the promo on pointy sticks) and I am hooked! I had to get a tutor in 2nd grade for math & then went on to get a physics degree, so when I heard you say basically the same thing, I had to laugh. I am addicted to this raglan worksheet, btw. It rocks!