Monday, May 04, 2015

The First Few Rows



I keep finding different ways to think of (and knit) the beginning of a round (French) heel turn.

In my Craftsy class, the really important bit is:

ROW 1 (RS): Sl1, knit to the center of the heel sts, k2, ssk, k1. Turn.

Which means the same thing as (from page 23 of Sock Architecture):

If X is an even number:

Row 1 (RS): Sl1, k(X/2) sts, k1, ssk, k1. Turn.

(My Craftsy class is restricted to X being an even number, to keep things simple. If X is odd, there is help for you in the book!)

So, even though I said it two different ways, I seem to know what I'm about in those moments.

But, a sharp-eyed knitter pointed out: in the patterns section of Sock Architecture, I seem to have led myself astray. By one stitch. It is an important, stitch, though!

(pages 51, 101 and 104, Sock Architecture)

Row 1 (RS): Sl1, k14 (15, 16, 17, 19, X/2), ssk, k1. Turn.

Should be: Row 1 (RS): Sl1, k14 (15, 16, 17, 19, X/2), k1, ssk, k1. Turn.

I am adding this to the Errata page. I am so sorry if this has caused any of you to think that you have failed at counting to 2, 5, or 17!

No comments: