Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Socks My Way: Stitch Pattern Savvy with JC Briar

I learned a few weeks ago that "Socks My Way" is now a series (of two, but it will probably grow) on Craftsy! My Socks My Way: Heel & Toe Variations class has now been joined by JC Briar's Socks My Way: Stitch Pattern Savvy


I haven't spent a lot of time on her class, but I love her concept. She takes you through adding stitch patterns to your socks. She goes into great detail about getting the best stitch count for you, with your gauge and stitch pattern, which isn't always easy when you have a deep, interesting or lacy texture. 

JC even covers how to make sure your lovely hand-painted yarn will play nicely with the stitch pattern you choose, which is so useful.

I've taken a class with JC in person, and I love that her matter-of-fact style comes through in the video. She has a true talent for taking complex concepts and breaking them up into pieces that are easy to digest. Check it out!

No comments: