Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Just What I Needed!



Christine of Skeinny Dipping sent me a few skeins of yarn as a "Good Luck on Your New Job"gift. 

I finished a few deadline knitting projects and cast on for a sock for myself (I know, it's shocking)!

The colorway is Girl on Fire and the yarn is a Merino/Cashmere/Nylon blend that is out-of-this-world. The other skein is Muir Woods in the same base. 

I love it! It's knitting up really fast, probably because I can't stand to put it down. It's still snowy and cold here and four years of living in Indiana left me with only one pair of wool socks for myself. I need to get knitting so I can stay warm! The red colors are just gorgeous and I'm sure they'll be super-cheerful when I slip out of my heavy boots and pad around in moccasins at work all day. Dee's need for solid-black socks at work (technically, it's the dress code, not her fault) has kept me away from hand-dyed socks. It's fun and exciting to see what I've been missing. 

(I can't share the pattern with you. It's a toe-up sock using methods that will be in my Next Big Project, so you'll be able to knit your own at some point. Soon, I hope!)

And yes, I have a model foot in my apartment. Don't you? :)

No comments: