Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Big Part of Moving



A big part of moving, for me, is having to regain some of the things you can't take with you (like good friends and knitting groups) and replacing things you didn't bring for reasons of space and expense (like dish detergent and that couch we both hated, anyway). 

When I was packing some things for storage and some things to bring, I knew we would have less space in the apartment than in the house. We ended up with a little more than 1/4 of the square footage we had, so it's good that I was stingy about what I brought. I was a little crazy at the end of the move, so we ended up with fewer plates than we actually need (and tons of silverware, for some reason) in the apartment.

But, there are some things I simply can't do without. For a little while, when most of our stuff was still in boxes, I was worried that I had thrown out my precious bottles of Soak. Certainly, not irreplaceable. Not even all that expensive. I even found out with LYS here carries it, so I could go get it when I had a few minutes. 

This is a long-winded way of saying that I was entirely too excited when I finally found my little bottle, in the last box I unpacked. That's one less errand I have to do, because goodness knows I couldn't have lived without it!

No comments: